26 April 2019
Manningham Council is now seeking community feedback on its draft 2019/20 Annual Budget and four year Strategic Resource Plan 2019-2023.
The Annual Budget and SRP details the major initiatives and resources needed over the coming financial year as well as a four year forecast.
Manningham Mayor, Cr Paula Piccinini, said Council has approved the Annual Budget ‘in principle’ at its meeting on Tuesday 23 April, and are now inviting community feedback.
“In developing this year’s budget, we have focussed on progressing Council’s long term financial plan while providing cost-effective services and delivering infrastructure projects to meet the needs of our community.
“We are continuing delivery of priority projects such as female friendly sporting facility upgrades and upgrades along the Ruffey Creek Linear Path and the Main Yarra Trail extension to Warrandyte.
“We have put forward a $50 million capital works program to maintain and improve community assets and $125 million to deliver more than 100 services for our community,” Cr Piccinini said.
The draft 2019/20 Annual Budget is available for viewing at:
- Manningham Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster
- Council Depot, 620 Blackburn Road, East Doncaster
- Bulleen, The Pines, Warrandyte and Doncaster libraries
To have your say, make a submission in writing either:
- online at yoursaymanningham.com.au/budget
- by post to Chief Financial Officer, Manningham Council, PO Box 1, Doncaster VIC 3108
Consultation on the 2019/20 Annual Budget closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 23 May 2019.
Council’s proposed $125 million operating budget provides funding to deliver community services, highlights include:
- $12.2 million for the maintenance of roads, drains, footpaths and bridges
- $12.1 million for waste and recycling
- $11.2 million for the maintenance of sportsgrounds, parks and gardens
- $9.7 million for aged and disability support services
- $9.2 million for customer services, Citizen Connect, IT and Transformation
- $6.7 million for health, local laws, animal management, food safety, litter and traffic management
- $6.1 million for planning, maintaining and operating Council’s property and buildings
- $6.1 million for strategic land use, open space and recreation planning
- $6.0 million for community services, including maternal and child health, immunisation, pre-schools, community development grants and community planning services
- $4.3 million for libraries
- $3.6 million for statutory planning services
- $2.5 million for economic development, tourism and grants
- $2.4 million for community venues and hall hire
Included within its Operating Budget is Council’s extensive Capital Works Program of $50 million which comprises:
- $16.7 million for roads, including $7.5 million for road reseals and refurbishment, $3.2 million for the Jumping Creek Road upgrade and $4.3 million as part of the Road Management Strategy to upgrade the road network.
- $6.5 million for community buildings, including $4 million for the ongoing renewal of community buildings and $1 million for the Domeney Reserve Pavilion upgrade, $1 million to redevelop Boronia Grove Pavilion and $300,000 towards female friendly sports facility upgrades.
- $6.3 million to recreation and community facilities, including $3.5 million to commence construction of Petty’s Reserve Sporting Development, $900,000 to improve community play spaces, $400,000 for tennis court upgrades and $600,000 to install low energy lamps.
- $5.8 million for drainage improvements.
- $5.4 million for parks, open space and neighbourhood activity centres, including $1.2 million for Rieschiecks Reserve upgrade, $200,000 improvements to Ruffey Lake Park, continuation of the Main Yarra Trail towards Warrandyte $400,000 and $900,000 to upgrade neighbourhood activity centres.
- $4.1 million to renew Council’s core IT and telecommunications infrastructure.
- $3.2 million to improve footpaths and cycle ways.
- $2.3 million for plant and equipment.
For more information, visit yoursaymanningham.com.au/budget