Deputy Mayor - Koonung Ward
0429 470 051
Cr Anna Chen graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Master of Laws degree. As a practising lawyer and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, she is keen to bring her legal expertise, problem-solving and governance skills to Council.
A resident of Koonung Ward for more than 17 years, Anna is passionate about supporting local groups to help build a more resilient and vibrant Manningham community. She is a strong supporter of senior wellbeing, youth employment, and our local economy.
Anna values equity, fairness and inclusion and has been a volunteer lawyer at a local community legal centre since 2009.
Anna actively advocates for better public transport in Manningham and is pleased to see improvements to the Doncaster Area Bus Rapid bus network. She is also committed to achieving transparent and accountable governance practices, improving public open space facilities and promoting sustainable urban planning.
Anna has sat on the following Council committees:
- Integrated Transport Advisory Committe
- Executive Performance Review Committee
- Manningham Charitable Fund Grants Panel
- Senior Citizens Reference Group
and has represented Council on the following external bodies:
- Eastern Transport Coalition
- Metropolitan Transport Forum
- Whitehorse Manningham Regional Library Corporation
- Municipal Association of Victoria.
Anna is also a member of Municipal Association of Victoria's Multicultural Committee.