The bundled garden waste (branches) collection provides you with the opportunity to dispose of garden waste that will not fit into your garden bin. Our bundled branches collection is only available to households that use our bin collection service.
Alternatively, you can drop off a selection of garden waste items at the Manningham Garden Waste Centre.
Prepare for a bundled garden waste (branches) collection
Each year, residents can choose to have either:
- two household hard rubbish (waste) collections, or
- two household bundled garden waste (branches) collections, or
- a combination of one hard rubbish (waste) collections and one bundled branches (garden waste) collection.
When you are preparing to book your bundled garden waste collection, please remember:
- to check that your items can be collected
- bookings must be made before placing material on the nature strip
- a minimum of half a cubic metre and a maximum of two cubic metres is required for each collection
- this is a fortnightly collection, bookings close at 5.00pm on Wednesdays
- cancellations must be received by 5.00pm on Friday
- to place items on the nature strip on the day specified when you place your booking.
Book a bundled garden waste (branches) collection
Book online using the book a bundled garden waste (branches) collection form or contact us on 9840 9333. Any bookings made online will receive a confirmation within 1 business day.
Items that can be collected
Pruning materials and tree branches that are less than 75mm in diameter and 1.5m in length (must be securely tied with cotton string or twine in bundles, up to 300mm diameter)
Single tree limbs/logs that are between 75mm and 200mm in diameter and 1.5m in length (must be free of branches and leaves and neatly stacked)
Tree roots that can be lifted by one person
Items that can't be collected
No untied bundled branches or branches exceeding 1.5 metres in length or 75mm in diameter
No tree roots that cannot be
No large logs, stumps or timber
No soil, earth, bricks, rubble,
No leaves, grass, weeds, ivy, rose bushes, thorny plants, bamboo and palm trees or branches
No bundles tied with wire,
No garden waste in plastic bags, polystyrene boxes or wheelie bins
No food waste
No material containing wire or nails