8 February 2019
Manningham Council is seeking feedback on its draft masterplan for one of Manningham’s most loved recreational areas, the Waldau Precinct in the Doncaster area
The precinct includes a number of attractions such as Rieschiecks Reserve, including the Schramm’s Cottage Museum Complex, and part of Ruffey Lake Park. The draft masterplan proposes a series of improvements to better integrate the attractions in this local area.
Some of the features proposed include:
- a new visitor centre next to the Schramm’s Cottage Museum Complex for heritage displays, to host meetings, do research, store archives and more
- upgraded playspace elements and a new café at the popular Ruffey Lake Park playground on Victoria Street
- better pedestrian links and car parking access as well as new signage showcasing the area’s heritage.
An upgrade of the sports pavilion at Rieschiecks Reserve is also planned to improve the facilities, change rooms and public toilets.
Manningham Mayor, Cr Paula Piccinini, said the area is one of Manningham’s most loved recreational areas and includes some wonderful hidden gems.
“Featuring Ruffey Lake Park’s Victoria Street Playground, the historic Schramm’s Cottage and Rieschiecks Reserve, including the cricket ground, the Waldau Precinct is a popular area of Manningham. We want to improve the experience for residents and visitors.
“I encourage everyone to have their say on the draft masterplan and the key features that are proposed,” Cr Piccinini said.
Have your say
To have your say on the Draft Waldau Precinct Masterplan, visit yoursaymanningham.com.au/waldau-precinct
To discuss what’s proposed with Council officers, come along to one of the following sessions at the Ruffey Lake Park Victoria Street Playground:
- Thursday 14 February, 3.30pm to 5.30pm
- Saturday 23 February, 10.30am to 12noon
Consultation closes on Monday 4 March 2019.