The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Service works with families to care for babies and young children.
It's a free service for all Victorian families.
You will visit MCH nurses at ten key stages of your child's development.
The visits focus on child and family wellbeing.
Visits happen at:
What do I need to bring to the appointment?
For your baby’s visit: A spare nappy and equipped nappy change bag and your green book.
For your child’s visit: Your green book
I want to make or change an appointment / I want to talk to a nurse / I am moving to the area:
Where is my closest MCH centre?
- Bulleen: 5-7 Derreck Avenue, Bulleen, 3105
- Doncaster MC2: 687 Doncaster Road, Doncaster, 3108
- Deep Creek: 510-518 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East, 3109
- Tunstall Corner: Tunstall Road and Maggs Street, Doncaster East, 3109
- Templestowe Lower: 35-41 Mayfair Avenue, Templestowe Lower, 3107
- Warrandyte: 8 Taroona Avenue, Warrandyte, 3113
Flexible appointments available:
Tuesday evenings at Deep Creek and Doncaster Centres from 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Baby Hub Open session Thursdays 1.30pm to 3.30pm. No appointment necessary.
Birth to 12 months old. Offers parents the opportutnity to visit and discuss parenting concerns / feeding problems or just to chat.
What other parenting support is available for Manningham families?
First time parent groups to help parents who have had their first child will be invited to be part of a first time parents groups. A range of topics are discussed at the sessions which are held once a week for 6 weeks.
Extra support to families like families with babies of low birth weight or families where mental health is an issue. This extra support is also free and can involve different things like extra home visits from the MCH nurse.
Starting Solid Foods presentation
Free to all Manningham families.
Presentation by a MCH nurse on how to introduce your baby to eating solid foods, what to offer, why and how to start. Exploring the Australian Infant Feeding guidelines and how to help you create a stress free fun time for both you and your baby. Online bookings are essential via the booking form on the Starting Solid Foods webpage.
Supporting your Child to Sleep presentation
Free to all Manningham families.
For babies aged from 4 to 12 months old
Presentation by a MCH nurse on the specifics of baby / infant sleep patterns, understanding sleep behaviour and the developmental changes that occur as well as why and how to support your under 12 month old to sleep better and for longer.
Online bookings are essential via the booking form on the Supporting Your Child To Sleep webpage.
You can see one of our MCH nurses who has a special interest in supporting your breast feeding journey.
Helpful links and support
- Parenting information on babies, including sleep, learning, feeding and nutrition.
- Community Playgroups
- MCH app: Download the MCH app on Google Play or on the App Store.
- Call the MCH Line: 13 22 29 Open 24 hours, seven days a week. The MCH Line is a free telephone support service for parents to get advice from a Maternal and Child Health nurse. You can get advice on things like child health, nutrition, breastfeeding, maternal and family health, parenting. You cannot use the line to cancel or change appointments with your local nurse or get details on when immunisation sessions are held by your local council.