The Community Development Grant is a category of the Community Grant Program. The grant allows not-for-profit groups and organisations to achieve short to medium term community development outcomes.
What the grant hopes to achieve
The aim of the grant is to:
- respond to a community need with a focus on vulnerable individuals and groups
- be inclusive and allow all member of the community to participate, including targeted responses that helps vulnerable individuals and groups to participate in local activities and opportunities
- foster an inclusive and harmonious community, drawing strength from difference and diversity
- enhance the health and wellbeing of the community
- support a safer and more resilient community
- encourage collaboration between ourselves, groups and organisations for the benefit of the community
- enhance community outcomes through organisational change or development such as capacity building and research.
When does the funding round begin
Applications open Monday 5 February and close on Tuesday 12 March 2024
How much funding is available for the grant
Funding is between $3,001 and $20,000. Allocations are for 1 financial year and isn’t recurring.
The estimated allocation for the community development grant category is $110,000 per annum.