Manningham has a rich cultural heritage with many significant:
- gold mining
- archaeological significant sites.
These heritage places reflect the different phases of Manningham’s development from First Nations to European settlement.
Manningham is home to two historical societies.
- The Doncaster and Templestowe Historical Society was formed in 1967 and maintains Schramm's Cottage in Doncaster.
- The Warrandyte Historical Society was formed in 1976 and maintains the Old Post Office Museum in Warrandyte.
Useful historical resources
You can search and discover where our heritage places are by visiting the following pages:
- Heritage Victoria Search for your or any property on the Victorian heritage register.
- Manningham heritage database
- Whitehorse Manningham local history database.
The Whitehorse Manningham local history database is a useful resource for people searching for information about the history of the region. You can now search through four local history databases from the catalogue page of the library website.
- (Whitehorse Manningham) heritage network
- cemetery database
- diggers database
- petition database
Historical attractions are classified under the following themes:
- Shaping Manningham’s Environment
- Peopling Manningham’s Places and Landscapes
- Transforming and Managing the Land
- Building Community Life
- Cultural and Creative Life.
Use the Manningham Heritage Map to find local historical attractions separated by theme.