Small Grants is a category under the Community Grant Program. This grant supports not-for-profit groups and organisations to deliver one-off, innovative activities that strengthen our community and boost the quality of life of our residents.
What the grant hopes to achieve
The aim of the grant is to:
- respond to community needs
- assist with community participation in local activities and improve access for individuals and groups with having high needs
- grow local network development and partnerships
- provide opportunities for growing new skills for members of our community.
When does the funding round begin
Applications will remain open all year until we allocate all funds. We review submitted applications three to four times a year after the below dates.
Get your applications in before 30 April, 31 July or 31 October 2024.
How the grant will allocate funds
- Community Strengthening category: funding up to $3,000
- Equipment Purchase category: funding up to $1,500 as a 50 per cent co-contribution of the total cost of equipment
The total estimated allocation for the Small Grants category is $80,000 per annum.
Please note: Organisations can only be funded for one Small Grant per financial year (1 July - 30 June) in either the Community Strengthening or Equipment Purchase category.