Community organisations wanting to erect a community event sign on land we own or manage, must complete an application form and pay a fee.
The requirements for putting up a sign
After receiving approval from us, the following rules apply:
- no more than 1 sign can be up at any time on a designated site
- a sign can be up for a maximum period of 6 weeks
- you can’t display a sign for longer than 14 days after the end of the event.
For sponsorship advertising, the following rules apply:
- the sign can’t exceed 20 percent of the area of the sign
- sponsorship advertising can’t exceed 1 square metre for a sign 5 square metres in size.
Advertising on signs should clearly identify:
- the sponsor’s name
- logo, if appropriate, across the bottom of the sign.
Sites where you can erect a sign
There are 10 sites available for the display of community event signage. Unless an applicant is a tenant on a reserve and is requesting a community event sign for that reserve. The sites are:
- North corner of Manningham Road and Thompsons Road
- North west corner of High Street and Doncaster Road (adjacent to Scout Hall, south of path)
- Swilks Reserve – Swilk Street (to the east of the Templestowe Bowling Club)
- Leeds Reserve – Doncaster Road
- Zerbes Reserve – Blackburn Road
- Park Orchards Community Centre – Park Road
- North west corner of Yarra Road and Launders Avenue, Wonga Park
- North of Springvale Road, entrance Mullum Mullum Reserve
- 611 Doncaster Road, Doncaster (north-west corner Williamsons Road)
- Warrandyte Reserve, Warrandyte-Heidelberg Road street frontage
The application fee is $72.70.